Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 41 countries.
L3 Operations Web Services
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Core Infrastructure (CI) is a global technology group that delivers
the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
The Windows Web Services Level 3 Operations team is part of the Enterprise Computing organization within Morgan Stanley. The team has presence in several cities globally, including Hong Kong and Tokyo, and is focused on supporting a Windows-based IIS hosting platform on which the business can deploy a range of .NET applications for internal as well as external clients. You will integrate into the global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for the aforementioned technologies in the respective regions. Team members frequently interact with engineering teams and collaborate on the testing and certification of software deployed to the platform.
- Support large number of web-based applications in an enterprise environment
- Analyze the infrastructure requirements for Enterprise Business applications and providing the required applications support for the production Environments.
- Use network tooling to address connectivity issues, fault analysis, failure avoidance, and the diagnosis and resolution of any other functionally impacting issues in distributed systems environments
- Work with in-house application management systems designed to simplify deployment and management of distributed applications in the firm. Users can model an application system using the systems relational data model, control and monitor applications over the network via a GUI console
- Maintaining Windows/UNIX servers across DMZ's and MPN's and provide the Infrastructure support for .Net/Java/J2EE applications/Proprietary applications.
- Working with Firewall team to understand the connection issues using strong knowledge of Firewall Rules and analyzing the requirement for servers across DMZ's.
- Work with Network team in Configuring servers in a Load Balanced Model for variety of application.
- Creating/Renewing SSL Certificates for all Enterprise wide .Net/Java Applications on the servers.
- Knowledge of A10/F5 based VIP/DNS configurations for Enterprise wide applications.
- Drive process improvement by methods such as automation and scripting
- Work together with L2 teams and other L3 team members internationally