As key member of the Data Center Services (DCS) Leadership team, this role actively partners with the regional Managing Director and their leadership team, providing advice and delivering value-add interventions in all areas of People.
Designing and delivering a people agenda/strategy that is fit for purpose in order to achieve the Regional Business Plan, Company objectives and the protection of the CBRE brand, ensuring that the CBRE culture and behaviors are continually reinforced and developed and that managers are fully equipped and up-skilled to meet the People aspects of their role.
Responsible for overall People delivery of DCS projects, initiatives, transitions and mobilizations, liaising and working closely with in country People teams where appropriate. Leads a team of People professionals in a defined geographic region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deliver People plan for DCS AMS that delivers a supply of job ready talent, leadership
succession and retention strategies to reward and engage the workforce
Partner with MD and Senior Leadership team to coach, challenge, influence and drive key
* Support the business development through provision of expert advice, promote services and transition new
clients. Partners with business leaders and sales teams to lead People aspects of RFPs and client pitches
* Supports and promotes the operating model adoption for DCS People
* Leads and develops an exceptional People Team and have the right resources in place to
provide a high level of people experience on a daily basis and monitor service delivery to
implement improvements. Creates a culture of excellence and best practice which is clearly
visible through the outputs of the team.
* Provides interpretation of corporate policies and procedures and takes ownership of complex
ER cases, union discussions and other areas where People expertise is required and identify
and minimize risk. Coordinates and counsels management on the proper handling of all
reductions in force.
* Ensure People services meet the requirements of the DCS AMS business through close
partnering with COE's and GWS People Leads, and clear articulation of business needs
* Problem solve, solution and partner with COE's on implementation/maintenance of talent and
People initiatives, programs and services
* Ensures that managers have the tools, capabilities and access to advice needed to effectively manage the
performance of their employees.
* Establish robust People governance frameworks in business segment, including structure and spans of control risk management and People compliance and accurate reporting
* In countries of leadership responsibility for DCS, provide seamless and responsive service support to other
business segments and imbed one team culture
* Leverage the scale of CBRE to deliver cost efficient and high quality People services to business segment
* In partnership with People Operations, drive continual improvement and process efficiencies to shared services
* Ensures People services provide the service outcomes to clients and improves client satisfaction scores to at or above industry benchmarks
* Builds trusted relationships with current and potential clients and external stakeholders and acts as a custodian of the CBRE brand
* Maintains a workforce planning process and associated initiatives to ensure the continual supply of job ready talent and leadership potential at all levels.
* Facilitates and fosters an enterprise culture that imbeds DCS standards of behavior, is intensely collaborative, and fosters RISE values. Champions One GWS principles
* Lead the engagement and diversity plan for the business segment and continually drive increases in employee engagement levels of own People team and broader People function
* Constantly monitor, calibrate and enhance compensation and benefits offerings within business segment to ensure burden rates are optimized and a competitive employment offering
* Ensure effective performance management practices and raise standards in all areas, including clear objectives, robust reviews, pay-for-performance, continuous feedback and recognition at all levels
* Lead talent management and succession planning for all key leadership and high impact/specialization roles ensuring a robust pipeline of talent to meet business needs
* Owns the onboarding process of new employees through regular engagement and tracking so that the Divisional attrition rates are achieved.
* Prepares and audits data to ensure appropriate business decisions are being made within the areas of responsibility. Uses data to make educated decisions and suggestions to management.
* May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Manages the planning, organization and controls for a major functional area or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports. Approves subordinates' recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of HR. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of six to ten years of related experience and/or training. Master's degree (MA/MS) preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Professional designation such as CPM, RPA, or CCIM preferred. Active real estate license required.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures. Approves and oversees departmental budget.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Working knowledge of asset management, property management, leasing, disposition, and construction.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to line of business and/or overall company.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE's more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
Internal Number: 20023407
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.