Our client, a large technology company is looking for a Data Center Development Planning Project Manager that would be responsible for emerging large and hyper scale data center projects throughout Latin America.
The ideal candidate will have sufficient large scale property development experience while possessing a architectural / engineering / site planning background specific to data centers. Ideal candidates should also be able to effectively critique data center site plans & floor layouts for compliance to data center industry standards and client's unique design requirements.)
Initially the job will be performed remotely during COVID, but eventually, the job may require 15-25% travel, but not currently during the COVID pandemic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform site due diligence, pre-construction budgets, schedules and research to determine site suitability for large enterprise data center development relating to all necessary site utilities; i.e. - power, water, and waste water treatment. (focus on civil engineering, land planning, and some architectural disciplines.)
2. For A/E design services providers: contract development, scope development and contract negotiation
* Develop/ review scopes, SOW Agreements, and Construction Contracts for Master Planning contracts, Utility Services design/construction contracts, and conduct studies for both on and off-site * Manage legal and business reviews * Work with Project Controls to execute and issue PO
3. Large Industrial or commercial project management skills and experience demonstrating history and ability to:
* Manage very large project scopes, project costs, & project schedule * Escalate when needed, keep Client RPM informed on progress
* Be able to discuss technical issues with the engineering teams
4. Invoices review and entry for design service providers - Pay Applications.
5. Managing design consultant and vendor contracts
* Invoice review and entry for pay applications for design services consultants.
* Review, validate or otherwise challenge change order requests from consultants.
6. Client's internal Dashboard management (for project status reporting) for various site utility infrastructure projects
7. Site Master Planning and Site utility infrastructure design: Meeting management with internal cross-functional groups, consultants/ contractors
* Set agendas, follow up on action items * Work with design consultants for data center design, campus layout, infrastructure planning, etc. * Question design intent
* Coordinate with DCEng/ GETs / Manage page turns with DCEng/GETs
8. Meeting management with internal cross-functional groups, consultants/ contractors * Set agendas, follow up on action items * Coordinate with client's data center global engineering team ("GET team")
* Manage page turns with data center global engineering team ("GET team")
9. Manage close out materials for utility projects * As-builts, O&M, warranty items
* Deed infrastructure back over to city, working with legal when needed
10. Permitting and entitlement tracking and management for large infrastructure projects- WWTP/ WTP/ Ground Wells * County & State permitting, Army Corp, DNR (Dept. of Natural Resources), Land disturbance permits, storm water drainage permits, DEHEC- Department of Health and Environmental Control, DENR - Dept. of Environmental and Natural Resources
Other important tasks, responsibilities, and abilities:
1. Develop and maintain potential project & site inventory (and site plans) of potential new data center sites, while also further developing initial master site plans of new or expanding sites with the client's architectural and civil engineering/planning consultants.
2. The ideal candidate would have sufficient large scale property development experience while possessing a architectural / engineering / site planning background specific to data centers. Ideal candidate should be able to effectively critique data center site plans & floor layouts for compliance to data center industry standards and client's unique design requirements.
3. Work closely with local and regional utility companies and local and state agencies to develop and ultimately negotiate power, water and land growth strategies. (Ideal candidate possesses experience in negotiating either power, water, or land use agreements for large data center projects.)
4. Work closely with client and internal stakeholders to obtain requirements, then work with cross functional teams to develop solutions
5. Ability to perform TCO ("Total Cost of Ownership") analysis for competing complex options and temporary data center options. (Ideal candidate can perform this TCO analysis, while also possesses an understanding of Data Center - Total Life Cycle Costs.)
6. Preferably experience with, or a strong understanding of high voltage / medium voltage electrical distribution systems (including power substations), municipal water systems, water treatment projects, and industrial site planning.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum six years of related experience and/or training.
Prior Data Center planning experience is highly desired.
Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
Internal Number: 20018651
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.