With limited management direction, analyzes and responds to user requested new development and system modifications. Designs technical solutions to information problems. With occasional assistance from Technical Analysts - Senior, or Lead, develops project plans and estimates. Performs technical tasks related to project completion, including problem analysis, program development and testing, documentation, and implementation. May function as the primary I.T. user contact for GHS departments or divisions. Performs project management and coordination functions.
Works under the supervision of the Director, Program Director or management designate.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides I.T. support to various departments with minimal supervision.
2. *Verifies system performances via test data.
3. *Assists in coordinating user departmental requirements with other I.T. functional areas, including but not limited to, requests for enterprise sign-ons, interfaces, and technical and networking support.
4. *Reports project progress and activity to a higher level technical analyst(s) or management designate
5. *Supports IT departmental initiatives such as OS migrations, internet browser upgrades,etc.
6. *Keeps current on new technology developments in hardware, software and techniques of the industry.
7. *Responsible for developing programming skills where applicable.
8. *Maintains individual work schedule and submits progress reports.
9. *Prepares operational documentation for Data Center and IT HelpDesk operations.
10. *Develops and documents restart/recovery procedures.
11. *Organizes information in accessible project files.
12. *Responsible for production support of assigned I.T. applications, which could be twenty-four hours
per day/seven days per week, at all required supported locations (GMC, GWV, CPSL, etc)
13. Performs other duties as required or assigned by emergency or other operational reasons for which the employee is qualified to perform.
14. Installs, maintains and upgrades assigned application software as required.
15. Assists subordinate and peer level team analysts, sharing expertise, as needed.
16. Develops and maintains knowledge of departmental and product line business processes and workflows.
17. Assists with test plans, creates and modifies program code (for in-house maintained systems), assists users in development of test scripts, prior to system and release implementations.
18. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
* Denotes essential job functions.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrated the ability to be a good team player yet able to organize daily tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
Demonstrated the ability to be customer service oriented with a courteous and pleasant demeanor and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field required; or technical diploma / technical certification in a field related to the position required. Minimum of three years of full time experience in a related information technology/application/user-support role required.
In lieu of degree or certification, minimum of six years of full time experience in a related information technology/application/user support role required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.