6) Conscientious and Professional Interaction with Faculty clients and researchers
1) Ability to effectively contribute to a collaborative team environment.
2) Ability and willingness to acquire new programming languages, statistical and computational methods, and background in research area.
3) Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
4) Confidentiality related to sensitive matters such as sensitive and restricted data sets, strategic initiatives, trade secrets, quiet periods, and scientific discoveries yet to be put in the public domain.
5) Ability to take a broad plan and break it into incremental tasks and oversee the completion of each task.
6) Ability to come into a team used to minimal supervision and oversight and ensure accountability for deliverables and outcomes.
7) Ability to persuade others to adapt new structures or systems in order to meet objectives.
8) Considerable proficiency in desktop computer software use in both Windows and Macintosh environments.
9) Knowledge of system administration issues in a large and complex client server environment.
10) Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
11) Technical knowledge of current software protocols and internet standards.
12) Outstanding deductive and investigative skills to identify and diagnose complex, non-intuitive technical problems.
13) Integrity and credibility to work with sensitive data.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
1) Ability to bend, stoop, and crouch in confined spaces.
2) Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
1) Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field OR four (4) years of Linux systems administration experience.
1) Experience with Linux scripting and/or programming.
2) Experience replacing and installing rack-mounted hardware and components.
3) Familiarity with virtualization.
4) Experience with data center operations.
5) Experience with secured environments or protected data.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07996
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.