The Assistant Dean for Assessment and Accreditation will oversee the College of Education (CED) assessment systems and continuous improvement processes. This position works collaboratively with the CED leadership team, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), faculty, and staff to facilitate and manage annual reports, program approvals, and other assessment and accreditation processes. The Assistant Dean oversees the College’s assessment management system and personnel in that unit. This position works closely with the Executive Director of the Office of Educator Support and Partnerships (OESP), CED associate deans, and the Institutional Planning and Assessment Office in preparation, review, and dissemination of accreditation reports, annual reports, strategic enrollment planning, market analysis for program development, and data needs for university partners. The Assistant Dean also serves as the university liaison to CAEP and other accrediting agencies.
Job Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
● Maintains, builds and monitors files and databases documenting CED assessment plans, related implementation activities, and progress towards achieving program and university goals (programmatic assessment, program reviews, and faculty content reviews)
● Leads the CED assessment processes (assessment, data management, and accreditation)
● Sets directions for the College, regarding professional education, based on national policy and research trends and to position the College at the cutting edge of professional education
● Provides leadership, expertise, and strategic guidance associated with the development, analysis, and successful submission of all internal and external accountability and accreditation reports (e.g. CAEP, Middle States, university annual reports, CED program reports) and site visits for initial and advanced programs
● Provides leadership in the collection and analysis of data to support a continuous quality improvement process for the delivery of data-centered, equity-driven, highly-effective academic programs in the College of Education
● Engages with external constituencies as the Dean’s representative as needed (i.e. New Jersey Department of Education)
● Supervises Assistant Director of edTPA & Praxis Preparation and provides leadership to the team in the assessment/accreditation unit
● Serves as the college liaison regarding enrollment-based budget modeling and analysis with internal constituent offices
● Terminal degree in education, assessment, or a closely related discipline
● Advanced knowledge of CAEP and/or other accreditation processes
● Significant experience in state, regional, and/or national accreditation
● Demonstrated ability to serve effectively and collegially as a member of the Dean’s Leadership Team
● Ability to provide effective leadership and to work with diverse groups
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Technology skills relevant to academic administration and assessment
● Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience in education (P-12, higher ed, and/or professional educational organizations)
The position carries a twelve-month appointment and reports to the Dean of the College of Education. Applications must include a letter outlining the candidate’s experiences and qualifications for the position, a curriculum vita, and the names and contact information for three references.
Internal Number: 494397
About Rowan University
A leading public institution, Rowan University combines liberal education with professional preparation from the baccalaureate through the doctorate. Rowan provides a collaborative, learning-centered environment in which highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and students integrate teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and community service. Through intellectual, social and cultural contributions, the University enriches the lives of those in the campus community and surrounding region.