The " Data Center Program Manager" manages global program upgrade/retrofit projects impacting the critical infrastructure and MEPS Infrastructure for the client's data center portfolio. The DC PM leads complex, multi-disciplinary projects and is responsible for identifying the program requirements, engaging with internal customers and supporting the program through the entire project lifecycle.
* Manage the upgrades/retrofit construction project program process administration across the data center portfolio. Focus is on ability to lead multiple projects at one time over multiple global locations
* Develop program budget, cash flow and commitment and get approval on spend working with the client's Cost Control team
* Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple simultaneous programs with competing priorities simultaneously
* Engage with technical experts and key stakeholders to initiate new programs, including developing program documentation
* Develop and maintain key stakeholder and technical expert relationships
* Identify process and communications gaps, while developing and driving solutions to implement data center programs
* Manage and grow relationships between cross-functional teams. Work with the technical experts and key stakeholders to continually improve communications between the cross-function teams
* Draft program reporting for client management reviews, including providing health of program schedule, budget, and performance, identifying key risks and program opportunities
* Update quarterly forecast, budget spend status and get management approval on funding requests
* Drive improvement in the upgrade/retrofit program processes and documentation/ workflow through stakeholder feedback and/or based on measurement of important metrics
* Develop plans for improved field execution and delivery across project constraints of schedule, productivity, and costs
* Provide project execution guidance throughout end-to-end project lifecycle with ability to assess potential construction workarounds to avoid project slips
Lead team, including key stakeholders / project controls team / Contractor(s) / A&E design team to create and establish the 1) Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key milestones and 2) Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs
Evaluate technical issues and develop potential solutions for review with key stakeholders
Supports Design Team activities by participating in schematic and design development reviews
Support data center site teams as needed with contractor pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis and recommendations
Participates in constructability reviews of the project documents
Provide input to site teams on Value Engineering efforts
Lead project teams in developing, assessing, and evaluating program and project risks
Manage program costs and change controls
Manage program dashboards and monthly program updates. The PM is responsible for securing updates from site teams and coordinating
Develop and maintain lessons learned log for programs
Coordinate Value Engineering
Ensure program level document control processes are in place
Ensure QA/QC is being followed and report any issues/gaps
Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors working with supply chain and consultants
Establish close out documentation requirements and distribute to site teams
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
Internal Number: 19039346
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.