Role Value Proposition:
This position is for a senior SME to drive results partnering with Engineering as a Principal IT Hosting Services individual supporting our complex IT environments. The primary day to day activities for this role will revolve around the technical aspects of our virtual Infrastructure and platform support. Additional responsibilities will include planning and design around the currency, provisioning, deployment and mechanism for service impact recovery. This position requires deep working knowledge of Physical and Virtual environments, various cloud providers, VMware, Operating systems, Network devices, Storage devices and Database servers. This position supports critical business activity in a 24/7 IT Operations Command Center and Data Center (centralized and distributed) IT environments. Must understand the ITSM process, operations data, as well as real time visibility requirements and how each interacts with the operation of complex production environments. We are looking for an individual that can use critical thinking and create a forward moving plan that will impact Enterprise Operations moving forward.
IT Principal - Hosting Services Specialist
- Leads transformational initiatives focused on improving and simplifying the way we do business
- Work closely with Senior Engineering teams to design and implement new solutions, create documentation, and problem resolution
- Provide top tier support for Wintel, Linux & VMware environments including troubleshooting, restoration of service, root cause analysis and problem management; partnering with technical support groups and outside vendors to resolve outages quickly and mitigate business impact
- Manage the incident/problem resolution of complex, significant system problems, communicating problem status with vendors, technical experts, senior IT management and senior business leaders. Ensure incidents are reacted to and aggressively investigated, are properly resolved or escalated with minimum system outage, slowdowns and or delays.
- Ensure all documented processing SLAs, OLAs and other requirements are met
- Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality
- Review tool sets regularly for efficiency, functionality, and cost for performance
- Stay current on industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives
- Work closely with internal customers to understand needs, technology landscape, and changing requirements