The roles and responsibilities outlined here are intended to provide guidance for resources acting as the owner's representative for client construction activities.
The primary functions are to support the client, data center construction team (Owner's team) in Field Construction oversight and EHS activities.
This support requires a broad range of activities that includes: interfacing, coaching, advising, leading, managing and providing technical support, etc. Specific responsibilities are outlined below. These owner's CSSF reps will work directly with the subcontractors to oversee work to be sure the means and methods of installation are following the project manual and being done in a safe manner. CSSFs will report to owner/client's DCS Program Manager with a dotted line to the Construction Safety / EHS Program Managers.
CSSF roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Oversee all field construction activities to be sure subcontractors are in compliance with scope of work outlined in their work notification and JHA
● Facilitate communication between subcontractor trades and DCS/DCOP's on sequence of work and approvals.
● Verify that the quality of workmanship of installed work is in compliance with construction drawings, code compliance and within best industry practice.
● Work with subcontractors and prime subs to develop work notification and JHA to meet owner's approval.
● Liaison with DCS PM's on project execution priorities and support their field oversight needs.
● Provide weekly updates on construction progress, risks challenges and look ahead schedule.
● Manage the coordination of site logistics to include: lay-down areas, areas affected by construction works, road closures, ingress / egress paths, etc.
● Routinely monitor the Contractor's EHS performance to ensure that the Contractor is in compliance with their stated practices and procedures, regulatory requirements and any additional owner expectations/deliverables that may have been identified in the contract of work EHS Schedule.
● Participate in communication methods, such as safety meetings and notices to ensure relevant EHS information is communicated across the site by Contractor's and ensure that DC management is included as well.
● Ensure a weekly site safety walk is conducted with the Contractor management representative and the Owner's PM/team.
● Participate in a daily site safety walk with the Contractor safety rep.
● Act as a coach and advisor to the Contractor safety committee.
● Evaluate the completeness and effectiveness of the Contractor's hazard assessments (RAMS, JHAs, ARTs, etc.).
● When non-compliance and/or non-conformance is observed, immediately bring the issue to the attention of that individual and key stakeholders as appropriate.
● Implement and maintain Boots on the Ground program.
● Participate in progress and schedule meetings.
● Assist in design reviews throughout the Life Cycle-planning, as requested/required (Design, permitting, construction, cx, handover, etc.).
● Attend client training as requested.
● Evaluate/audit Site Specific Safety Plan to conformance to Project Manual requirements.
● Understand and ensure operational EHS requirements are adhered to.
● Support client's initiatives as requested.
Internal Number: 19013213
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.